'The Scream' Could Set Record at Auction: Big Pic
The painting is of a man holding his head and screaming under a streaked sky. It "has become a modern symbol for human anxiety," the Wall Street Journal said.
Some experts believe it could bring in far more than the $80 million predicted -- "as much as $150 million," according to Time....
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I