Juan Cole Says the "US Out Now" Option Would Lead to Disaster
comments powered by Disqus
Jim Williams - 8/24/2005
Cole's comments are well taken. The irony is that our presence actually protects Iraq's Sunni Arabs(including the people primarily involved in the terrorism) from the previously abused Shiites and Kurds, often the victims of SUNNI terror. However, the violence has gone on so long that I fear the Shiites and Kurds will go on a rampage shortly after we depart, regardless of when we depart.
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history