Juan Cole Says the "US Out Now" Option Would Lead to DisasterBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Jim Williams - 8/24/2005
Cole's comments are well taken. The irony is that our presence actually protects Iraq's Sunni Arabs(including the people primarily involved in the terrorism) from the previously abused Shiites and Kurds, often the victims of SUNNI terror. However, the violence has gone on so long that I fear the Shiites and Kurds will go on a rampage shortly after we depart, regardless of when we depart.
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian