Juan Cole Says the "US Out Now" Option Would Lead to DisasterBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Jim Williams - 8/24/2005
Cole's comments are well taken. The irony is that our presence actually protects Iraq's Sunni Arabs(including the people primarily involved in the terrorism) from the previously abused Shiites and Kurds, often the victims of SUNNI terror. However, the violence has gone on so long that I fear the Shiites and Kurds will go on a rampage shortly after we depart, regardless of when we depart.
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans