Woodward rejects new Watergate claims
Bob Woodward is strongly disputing a new report in which it is revealed that his mentor, legendary Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee, once expressed “fear in my soul” that Woodward had embellished for dramatic effect certain key details of his reporting on the Watergate scandal.
In a New York magazine article posted online Sunday night that was adapted from a forthcoming biography of Bradlee, reporter Jeff Himmelman exposes new memos and transcripts taken from Bradlee’s own archives, including one conversation in which Bradlee expresses his skepticism about the truth of certain aspects of Woodward’s claims about Deep Throat....
comments powered by Disqus
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Ronald Suny says historians have shied away from exploring the roots of the Armenian genocide for fear of taking attention away from the victims
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History