Woodward rejects new Watergate claims
Bob Woodward is strongly disputing a new report in which it is revealed that his mentor, legendary Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee, once expressed “fear in my soul” that Woodward had embellished for dramatic effect certain key details of his reporting on the Watergate scandal.
In a New York magazine article posted online Sunday night that was adapted from a forthcoming biography of Bradlee, reporter Jeff Himmelman exposes new memos and transcripts taken from Bradlee’s own archives, including one conversation in which Bradlee expresses his skepticism about the truth of certain aspects of Woodward’s claims about Deep Throat....
comments powered by Disqus
- Richard Hofstadter’s insights into the "paranoid style in American politics” lauded in the NYT
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians