Possible Remains Of Army Fort Found
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — For as long as Bill Karditzas has been working at the Naval Academy, a giant slab of marble has sat right smack in the midst of his firing range.
The marksmanship training coach couldn’t figure out where it belonged and it was too heavy to move, he said.
So there the stone sat– that is, until it became subject of great curiosity earlier this year after a history professor from the Naval Academy began asking some questions about the land within the firing range fence line....
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College