Possible Remains Of Army Fort Found
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — For as long as Bill Karditzas has been working at the Naval Academy, a giant slab of marble has sat right smack in the midst of his firing range.
The marksmanship training coach couldn’t figure out where it belonged and it was too heavy to move, he said.
So there the stone sat– that is, until it became subject of great curiosity earlier this year after a history professor from the Naval Academy began asking some questions about the land within the firing range fence line....
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead