Family attend service as WWI soldier’s grave restoredBreaking News
When historians uncovered the overgrown and crumbling grave of fallen soldier Private Percy Titley in a Shropshire cemetery, a campaign started to restore the headstone.
Around 35 people, including family members, attended a ‘moving’ service at Shrewsbury cemetery after witnessing the unveiling of the new grave for the soldier, who served during World War One.
The soldier, from Castlefields, was with the Welsh Guards on the front line in France in 1917 before being sent home to Shrewsbury after contracting trench fever....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history