Historians recreating ANZAC timeline on Twitter
Historians are using Twitter to stage a virtual online re-enactment of the months-long battle for the Gallipoli peninsula during World War I.
The @Gallipoli_Live account tweets key events at the exact time they happened during the landings 97 years ago.
The account is curated by Australian writer and military historian Bill Sellars and retired Turkish naval officer Sahin Aldogan.
"It's giving all the key events, key times to the very minute - what happened exactly 97 years ago from the time when the allied fleet tried to fight its way through the Dardanelles right to when the first boat landed at dawn, through the entire eight months of the campaign," Mr Sellars told AM....
comments powered by Disqus
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland