Historians recreating ANZAC timeline on TwitterBreaking News
Historians are using Twitter to stage a virtual online re-enactment of the months-long battle for the Gallipoli peninsula during World War I.
The @Gallipoli_Live account tweets key events at the exact time they happened during the landings 97 years ago.
The account is curated by Australian writer and military historian Bill Sellars and retired Turkish naval officer Sahin Aldogan.
"It's giving all the key events, key times to the very minute - what happened exactly 97 years ago from the time when the allied fleet tried to fight its way through the Dardanelles right to when the first boat landed at dawn, through the entire eight months of the campaign," Mr Sellars told AM....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook