Obama's father among secret files on Kenyan studentsBreaking News
US officials complained Kenyan students were becoming "anti-white" in the year Barack Obama's father enrolled at university, previously secret files released at the National Archives in Kew reveal.
US President Barack Obama wrote with pride of his Kenyan father's studies in the US in his memoir Dream From My Father.
He wrote how he had been "selected by Kenyan leaders and American sponsors to attend a university in the United States joining the first large wave of Africans to be sent forth to master Western technology and bring it back to forge a new, modern Africa".
But British colonial authorities in Kenya, and the US State Department had concerns about the first large wave of Kenyan students, of which Barrack Obama Sr was part, according to the records released by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide