Victory for Ward Churchill or Reprieve?
The allegations that are going forward for additional review, Lane said, involve charges of plagiarism or misrepresentation of work.
The university, citing confidentiality rules, is not commenting on the review by a faculty panel of a series of misconduct allegations against Churchill, who teaches ethnic studies at the Boulder campus. Likewise, Churchill’s lawyer is not releasing a report that Churchill received from a faculty panel Monday — so characterizations of the report’s findings cannot be confirmed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing