Victory for Ward Churchill or Reprieve?
The allegations that are going forward for additional review, Lane said, involve charges of plagiarism or misrepresentation of work.
The university, citing confidentiality rules, is not commenting on the review by a faculty panel of a series of misconduct allegations against Churchill, who teaches ethnic studies at the Boulder campus. Likewise, Churchill’s lawyer is not releasing a report that Churchill received from a faculty panel Monday — so characterizations of the report’s findings cannot be confirmed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean