Rare Revere print found at BrownBreaking News
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) ' A rare engraved print created by Paul Revere has been found in a 19th century book at Brown University.
A university preservationist discovered the print while studying the 1811 book once owned by a 1773 graduate of Brown. The graduate's descendants donated the book to the Rhode Island school.
The print shows Jesus and John the Baptist in the Jordan River. Revere's name is featured on the bottom. Only five copies of the print are known to exist. Richard Noble, who catalogues rare items at Brown, says he has some unanswered questions, including Revere's reasons for making the print....
comments powered by Disqus
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton