Santorum's false claims about historyBreaking News
Rick Santorum, watch out: Stephen Colbert is watching you.
In recent weeks, the satirical host has made it his mission to fact-check the hyperbole-prone presidential candidate; he even launched a Twitter hashtag, #inmyheart, ridiculing Santorum's tall tales about Dutch euthanasia.
On Tuesday night, Colbert once again criticized Santorum, this time for his false claim that "seven or eight of the California system of universities don’t even teach an American history course."
"That is an outrage. American history should be one of the cornerstones of college education," Colbert said with feigned indignance. "The only thing that would be more outrageous is if this were true."
As it turns out, all the California state universities and all but one UC school offer American history courses; the only one that doesn't, UC San Francisco, is a medical school.
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies