Hitler's parents' tombstone removed
The tombstone marking the grave of Adolf Hitler's parents in Austria has been removed, officials say, to end its use as a pilgrimage site for right-wing extremists.
The grave is in Leonding, 10km (six miles), from the city of Linz.
A descendant of the family made the decision, the mayor of Leonding, Walter Brunner, said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing