National Archives Announces Discovery of Nazi Looted-Art Volumes
The National Archives announced Tuesday that two new leather-bound volumes of an infamous catalog of looted art compiled for Hitler during World War II had been discovered among the possessions of former American soldiers. The albums were compiled by a special Nazi task force, the Einsatzstab Reichsleiter Rosenberg, to document the plundering of French museums and private collections undertaken in part for a museum Hitler planned to build in his hometown, Linz, Austria....
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar