Auschwitz death-train reenactmentBreaking News
A special train was dispatched from the Poprad railway station to Auschwitz, Poland on March 23 to mark the 70th anniversary of the first transport of Jewish women from Slovakia to the Nazi concentration camp on March 25, 1942. In addition to students, historians and philosophers, the event was attended by outgoing Prime Minister Iveta Radičová, the SITA newswire reported.
The event was attended by Edita Grosmanová, who was among the thousand young women on the train in 1942. Grosmanová, the wife of the author of book which later became the blueprint for Oscar-awarded film Obchod na korze (The Shop on Main Street), returned to Auschwitz after 70 years, saying that “the God wanted it like this”, the Sme daily reported.
“If I were talking for 24 hours, it would not be even a percentage of the things that I have experienced,” she said, as quoted by Sme. “Millions of seconds of fear; I ask all [people], especially the young ones, to talk, talk, talk.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity