Has new Da Vinci mural been found?Breaking News
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The "Battle of Anghiari" was a wall mural painted by Da Vinci in Florence's storied Palazzo Vecchio. It was long thought to have been hidden behind another fresco.
Elusive and tantalizing, the hunt for the mural took on fresh impetus in the last years with the employment of state-of-art scientific tools.
Da Vinci's mural was begun in 1505 to commemorate the 15th-century victory by Florence over Milan at the medieval Tuscan town of Anghiari. Researchers now think it may be hidden behind a newer wall, which was frescoed over decades later by Giorgio Vasari. "Battle of Anghiari" was unfinished when the artist left Florence in 1506....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK