Has new Da Vinci mural been found?Breaking News
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The "Battle of Anghiari" was a wall mural painted by Da Vinci in Florence's storied Palazzo Vecchio. It was long thought to have been hidden behind another fresco.
Elusive and tantalizing, the hunt for the mural took on fresh impetus in the last years with the employment of state-of-art scientific tools.
Da Vinci's mural was begun in 1505 to commemorate the 15th-century victory by Florence over Milan at the medieval Tuscan town of Anghiari. Researchers now think it may be hidden behind a newer wall, which was frescoed over decades later by Giorgio Vasari. "Battle of Anghiari" was unfinished when the artist left Florence in 1506....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Allan Lichtman who’s predicted 30 years of presidential elections correctly is doubling down on a Trump win
- National Book Award semifinalist Heather Ann Thompson says the war on crime started with LBJ
- David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history