Florida Atlantic historian celebrates first English Channel flightHistorians in the News
Nearly 100 women from the USA, Canada and Europe are in Kent to commemorate the centenary of the first flight by a female pilot across the Channel.
Harriet Quimby flew from Dover to northern France a year after she became the first woman to gain a pilot's licence in the USA....
"This is a very important event," said history professor Dr Barbara Ganson.
Dr Ganson, of Florida Atlantic University, said: "It is always a joy to talk and to study history but I want to help make history and celebrate history.
"I'm flying the Channel - that's why I came here."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide