Single red flower left at site of Boston Massacre on 242nd anniversaryBreaking News
The bustle of lunchtime foot traffic today flooded narrow streets in downtown Boston. But pedestrians took care to step over a single red flower lying at the corner of Congress and State streets.
The flower had been left on the brick monument marking the site of the Boston Massacre, which left five dead exactly 242 years ago today. On March 5, 1770, British soldiers opened fire on a crowd of colonists, killing Crispus Attucks and four others....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history