Fears after yet another WWII bomb washes up on beach in Northern IrelandBreaking News
Visitors to one of Northern Ireland's most popular beaches have been warned to be careful after an unexploded World War II bomb was washed up.
Benone beach has reopened after the Army carried out a controlled explosion on a bomb discovered by a member of the public on Sunday.
It was discovered lying near the water on the beach, which was evacuated along with part of the nearby Seacoast Road. The train line was also closed for a time as a precaution.
This was the second time in recent months that an unexploded bomb had washed up in the area....
comments powered by Disqus
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable