Personal copy of 'secret' book belonging to D-Day landings general is discovered in safe
A 'secret' book recording the precise details about the D-Day landings has been discovered locked in a safe.
General Sir Miles Dempsey GBE, KCB, DSO, MC commanded the 2nd Army and ordered the account to be written shortly after the events that would change the course of the war.
Only 48 copies of the three-volume book, An Account Of The Operations Of Second Army In Europe 1944-45, were ever published, soon after the war - and are all held in museums or military institutions.
Much of the material provided the world with information about the army's actions from before D-Day to Berlin....
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project