Pelosi mocks GOP for launching Women’s History Month with Blunt amendmentBreaking News
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hammered Republicans on Thursday for kicking off March — Women’s History Month — with a vote on legislation she claims would curtail women’s access to contraception.
As part of a sweeping transportation bill, Senate Republicans forced a vote Thursday on an amendment, sponsored by Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), to repeal President Obama’s new birth-control mandate for employers.
Pelosi and the Democrats are highlighting the legislation in hopes of portraying Republicans as out-of-touch with women’s healthcare needs — a message Pelosi pressed Thursday.
“Instead of talking about jobs … we’ve moved on to the Blunt amendment — a blunt, sweeping overreach into women’s health,” Pelosi said during her weekly press briefing in the Capitol....
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit