Winnipeg professor seeks historical gold on audiotape
A history professor at the University of Winnipeg is asking residents to search their basements and attics for hidden treasure.
But Prof. Alexander Freund, the chair in German-Canadian studies at the university, isn't looking for gold or jewels -- he's hoping to find tapes of interviews with refugees who came to Manitoba after the Second World War and during the Cold War.
Freund is leading a project to digitize and archive the history of refugees in the province.
"We're very convinced there are interviews out there," he said in an interview. "We don't know how many."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Swastikas, Hate and Confusion
- Obama chooses Chicago to host his presidential library
- Arizona State class on “The Problem of Whiteness” sparks neo-Nazi campaign
- How Curfews Have Changed Through History
- Supreme Court justices called to task for saying institution of marriage hasn't changed in millennia