Rochester professor, historian Lynn Gordon dead at 65Historians in the News
Lynn D. Gordon showed a passion for promoting the role of women in history, both in scholarly writings and in inspirational teaching at the University of Rochester.
Ms. Gordon, who died on Feb. 9 from cancer at the age of 65, played a key role in the early years of the Susan B. Anthony Center for Women’s Studies at UR. After her book, Gender and Higher Education in the Progressive Era was published more than two decades ago, Ms. Gordon was named president of the History of Education Society. Acting on her interest in women trailblazers in history, Ms. Gordon started on a biography about Dorothy Thompson, who was a foreign correspondent and columnist from the 1920s to the 1950s. When Ms. Gordon died, she had nearly completed the biography. Her family and colleagues hope that they can finish and publish this work....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity