Historian Niall Ferguson: Why I am quitting Britain for 'intellectual’ America
Niall Ferguson was regarded so highly by his fellow Scotsman Michael Gove that the Education Secretary invited him to advise on the development of a new history syllabus.
Ferguson has, though, returned the compliment by announcing that he is quitting this country because its intellectual life is so shallow.
“My future is in the US,” declares the presenter of such television programmes as The Ascent of Money. “My son will be a US citizen. That is where I and my wife are probably heading.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences