Historian Niall Ferguson: Why I am quitting Britain for 'intellectual’ AmericaHistorians in the News
Niall Ferguson was regarded so highly by his fellow Scotsman Michael Gove that the Education Secretary invited him to advise on the development of a new history syllabus.
Ferguson has, though, returned the compliment by announcing that he is quitting this country because its intellectual life is so shallow.
“My future is in the US,” declares the presenter of such television programmes as The Ascent of Money. “My son will be a US citizen. That is where I and my wife are probably heading.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments