TV Ad Says Gingrich Exaggerates His Ties to Reagan
A new ad on behalf of Mitt Romney pokes fun at Newt Gingrich, and says he is exaggerating his relationship with Ronald Reagan.
Mr. Gingrich frequently links himself to the former president, who is revered by many as the embodiment of modern conservatism — even as some Republicans question Mr. Gingrich’s conservative credentials.
The new ad asserts that Mr. Reagan, who died in 2004, did not return the love....
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences