Hitler sister footage to be shownBreaking News
Paula Wolf, Hitler's youngest sister who died in 1960 aged 64, was asked to share personal stories about her brother in the documentary.
Directed by Peter Morley, it also included interviews with Hitler's associates and fellow employees.
The documentary was discovered by TV historian Dick Fiddy, who traced footage to Germany and the US before finding the full show in London.
It will be shown alongside Shaggy Dog, an ITV drama by playwright Dennis Potter that was rediscovered by TV enthusiast group Kaleidoscope.
Previously thought destroyed after its only broadcast in 1968, the 51-minute show was found earlier this year in the LWT archive at London's South Bank.
No copies were made of numerous vintage broadcasts due to the expense of making early TV recordings.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity