Shakespeare's death mask on display for the first time in macabre exhibition of medical artefactsBreaking News
A cast taken from the face of William Shakespeare is to go on display for the first time later this month.
The bard's death mask will be shown at the University of Edinburgh's Anatomy Museum from January 28, when it unveils a macabre collection of medical artefacts to the public.
Presently on loan from the William Ramsay Henderson Collection, the famous face will soon find a permanent home at the museum.
Visitors can also cast an eye over the death masks of Scottish writer Sir Walter Scott, world-famous physicist Sir Isaac Newton, and King George III....
comments powered by Disqus
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed