Hitler's 'Wolf Lair' hidden deep in Polish forest to be turned into major tourist attraction Read more:Breaking News
Adolf Hitler's secret 'Wolf Lair' set deep in the heart of a forest in north-eastern Poland is to be turned into a major tourist attraction.
Forestry workers are looking for an investor to help make the Nazi leader's ruined fortress more accessible to holidaymakers.
The camouflaged complex in the woodlands of what was once German East Prussia was one of Hitler's key military headquarters during World War II.
It is famed as the site of a dramatic assassination attempt on the dictator by Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg in 1944....
comments powered by Disqus
- Wow: Barack and Michelle Obama to be paid $60 million in book deal
- Betsy DeVos Press Release Celebrates Jim Crow Education System as Pioneer of “School Choice”
- Eisenhower Concluded Neither U.S. Military Operations Nor Popular Uprisings Were Feasible in Soviet-Controlled Eastern Europe, Despite “Rollback” Rhetoric
- Jesse Jackson: It’s ok to leave Confederate monuments in place, but tell the full story
- Taiwan Commemorates a Violent Nationalist Episode, 70 Years Later
- Mostafa el-Abbadi, Champion of Alexandria’s Resurrected Library, Dies at 88
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write