Hitler's 'Wolf Lair' hidden deep in Polish forest to be turned into major tourist attraction Read more:
Adolf Hitler's secret 'Wolf Lair' set deep in the heart of a forest in north-eastern Poland is to be turned into a major tourist attraction.
Forestry workers are looking for an investor to help make the Nazi leader's ruined fortress more accessible to holidaymakers.
The camouflaged complex in the woodlands of what was once German East Prussia was one of Hitler's key military headquarters during World War II.
It is famed as the site of a dramatic assassination attempt on the dictator by Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg in 1944....
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening