Street art attached to Civil War monuments
Overnight several Richmond monuments had street art posted on them. No one seems to know yet who did it, and no one was quite sure earlier who would remove it, either.
A political artist—identity unknown at this point—was trying to hammer home a message.
Sometime yesterday—at least that’s when anyone first noticed—three different plaques were installed at each monument.
Each plaque details the story of individuals involved with the Civil Rights movement....
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC