Street art attached to Civil War monuments
Overnight several Richmond monuments had street art posted on them. No one seems to know yet who did it, and no one was quite sure earlier who would remove it, either.
A political artist—identity unknown at this point—was trying to hammer home a message.
Sometime yesterday—at least that’s when anyone first noticed—three different plaques were installed at each monument.
Each plaque details the story of individuals involved with the Civil Rights movement....
comments powered by Disqus
- New Stonehenge Discovery Hailed As 'Most Important In 60 Years'
- Judge Rules 14-Year-Old's Execution a 'Travesty of Justice' in Case in the Jim Crow South
- Lawsuit May Reshape Tourist Industry in History-Rich Savannah
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Turns 75
- Researchers Discover Gothic Cathedrals Blended Iron and Stone