EU donates $5 million for Auschwitz preservation
(JTA) -- The European Union has donated more than $5 million to preserve the site of the Auschwitz Nazi death camp.
Auschwitz authorities announced Wednesday that the $5.3 million awarded by the European Commission, the executive body of the EU, will be used to preserve the women's barracks at the Birkenau site of the camp, improve security and expand the database system....
comments powered by Disqus
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history