Fallout continues from confrontation between Douglas Brinkley, Alaska congressman
Dr. Douglas Brinkley, the Rice University professor who earlier this month got into a heated confrontation with Alaska Rep. Don Young during a Congressional hearing on the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, is fanning the flames of their sudden feud.
A week ago, Young and Brinkley got testy with one another after Young incorrectly called Dr. Brinkley "Dr. Rice," and then referred to the professor's testimony on ANWR as "garbage." Brinkley confronted Young, correcting him on his name and incorrectly claiming that Young never graduated from college.Young eventually told Brinkley, "You just be quiet. You be quiet," at which point the committee chair stepped in to mediate between Young and the still-riled Brinkley....
comments powered by Disqus
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Ken Burns and the Myth of Theodore Roosevelt
- What Ken Burns Doesn't Understand about the Roosevelts
- A call for historians to do macro history
- Colorado school board, worried about the new AP framework, wants to make sure high school kids are taught patriotic history
- Professor premieres animated short on Pueblo revolt on PBS