King family thanks supporters as matriarch hospitalized
King was admitted to Piedmont Hospital on Tuesday, and the family released a statement Wednesday saying she was resting comfortably. It expressed thanks for the "outpouring of care and support that's being sent from around the world."
Hospital spokeswoman Diana Lewis and the family wouldn't discuss her illness, but the Rev. Joseph Lowery said King had suffered a stroke and was having trouble speaking.
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean