Now, an iPhone ‘battle app’ for Chancellorsville
There’s nothing like seeing hallowed ground in the company of a good historian.
But for those times when an in-person interpreter is unavailable, or time is short, a second-best alternative has just hit the Web: the latest “battle app” created by the Civil War Trust and its Colorado technology partner, Neotreks....
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I