Lewis University opens history center
ROMEOVILLE — Lewis University’s History Center and the Heritage Corridor Convention and Visitors Bureau held a ribbon cutting Nov. 16 at the historic Fitzpatrick House, located across from the university’s main campus on Route 53.
The event celebrated the Fitzpatrick House as the new site for the Lewis University History Center and the Heritage Corridor CVB.
Dennis Cremin, Director of the center and associate professor of history, welcomed guests to view the new display of historic photographs and panel exhibit which tells a story of the development of the I & M Canal and its historical significance to the development of the region....
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences