Lewis University opens history center
ROMEOVILLE — Lewis University’s History Center and the Heritage Corridor Convention and Visitors Bureau held a ribbon cutting Nov. 16 at the historic Fitzpatrick House, located across from the university’s main campus on Route 53.
The event celebrated the Fitzpatrick House as the new site for the Lewis University History Center and the Heritage Corridor CVB.
Dennis Cremin, Director of the center and associate professor of history, welcomed guests to view the new display of historic photographs and panel exhibit which tells a story of the development of the I & M Canal and its historical significance to the development of the region....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout