France offers to host Turkish-Armenian history meeting
France's foreign minister today said that his country could host a Turkish-Armenian joint history commission meeting.
Alain Juppe defined the incidents of 1915 as a challenging issue, and all countries were making a memory homework about their history.
Such a memory homework could be done in a history commission, Juppe told a joint press conference with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu in Ankara....
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading
- AHA backs California's LGBT History law