Students Preserve Revolutionary War ShipwrecksBreaking News
Middle- and high-school students are preparing to help conserve recently exposed shipwrecks from the last major battle of the Revolutionary War in Virginia's York River.
The Virginia students, from Point Option High School in Newport News, the Williamsburg Montessori Middle School, and Peasley Middle School in Gloucester, are traveling to the Waterman's Museum in Yorktown, near the shipwrecks, on field trips.
Their training will culminate when they deploy unmanned robotic submarines designed to gather data using sonar and high-definition video, which they will collect on an ongoing basis....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook