Nixon's Watergate investigation testimony made public
The US National Archives has released the grand jury testimony of former President Richard Nixon, made after the Watergate scandal forced him to resign. Jurors asked about almost 19 missing minutes of a key conversation between Nixon and his chief of staff. The former president swore it was an accident that tapes had been erased, saying "I practically blew my stack." The secret testimony was given in June 1975 and released by order of a US judge following a historian's request....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ben Affleck Asked PBS to Not Reveal Slave-Owning Ancestor
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet