Tiny Bronte manuscript that introduces world to Jane Eyre character Bertha goes up for auction
An unpublished story by Charlotte Bronte is expected to sell for £300,000 at auction next month.
The 4,000-word piece is handwritten on 19 pages each barely larger than a credit card and needs a magnifying glass to be read properly.
Written in 1830 when she was only 14, Bronte's story contains scenes which bear a striking resemblance to Jane Eyre, her novel published 17 years later....
comments powered by Disqus
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history