Just days before Remembrance Sunday, HMS Belfast is airbrushed from posterBreaking News
In her heyday she helped destroy a German battleship, supported the D-Day landings and survived a blast from an enemy mine.
But HMS Belfast sank without trace this week when she was airbrushed out of official London Olympic posters because she ‘got in the way’.
Veterans expressed their disgust at the step yesterday, saying it insulted the memory of those who died in the war in the run-up to Remembrance Sunday and reflected embarrassment at our military past....
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"