Just days before Remembrance Sunday, HMS Belfast is airbrushed from posterBreaking News
In her heyday she helped destroy a German battleship, supported the D-Day landings and survived a blast from an enemy mine.
But HMS Belfast sank without trace this week when she was airbrushed out of official London Olympic posters because she ‘got in the way’.
Veterans expressed their disgust at the step yesterday, saying it insulted the memory of those who died in the war in the run-up to Remembrance Sunday and reflected embarrassment at our military past....
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools