Just days before Remembrance Sunday, HMS Belfast is airbrushed from poster
In her heyday she helped destroy a German battleship, supported the D-Day landings and survived a blast from an enemy mine.
But HMS Belfast sank without trace this week when she was airbrushed out of official London Olympic posters because she ‘got in the way’.
Veterans expressed their disgust at the step yesterday, saying it insulted the memory of those who died in the war in the run-up to Remembrance Sunday and reflected embarrassment at our military past....
comments powered by Disqus
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial