Just days before Remembrance Sunday, HMS Belfast is airbrushed from posterBreaking News
In her heyday she helped destroy a German battleship, supported the D-Day landings and survived a blast from an enemy mine.
But HMS Belfast sank without trace this week when she was airbrushed out of official London Olympic posters because she ‘got in the way’.
Veterans expressed their disgust at the step yesterday, saying it insulted the memory of those who died in the war in the run-up to Remembrance Sunday and reflected embarrassment at our military past....
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions