Giotto Devil: 'Face Of Satan' Revealed In Renaissance FrescoBreaking News
The devil's in the details, literally.
Art restorers working on one the most famous frescoes painted by Renaissance painter Giotto di Bondone in the Basillica of St. Francis in Assisi, Italy have uncovered an astounding hidden secret painted by the artist himself. According to Reuters, Giotto hid the face of the devil himself in a fresco.
The concept of hiding a figure in the clouds, according to the BBC, was previously thought to have first been implemented by Andrea Mantegna in the 15th century. Giotto's fresco dates to the 13th century....
comments powered by Disqus
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford
- Integration Of Cheerleaders Was Difficult To Achieve
- New-York Historical Society to Open Women’s History Center