Germany boldly shows Nazi Star Trek episode 43 years after it was first filmed
For Star Trek, it truly was the final frontier.
More than 40 years after it was filmed, an episode of the famous show in which Spock and Captain Kirk dress up as Nazis has been shown in Germany for the first time.
The Patterns of Force episode was never screened in 1968 because it was little more than two decades after the downfall of Hitler's regime.
Although broadcaster ZDF showed it for the first time, it was not on until after 10pm - and viewers were warned that no-one under the age of 16 should see it.
In the episode the Starship Enterprise visits planet Ekon where the citizens have begun behaving like Nazis. The swastika is displayed throughout the episode....
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I