Germany boldly shows Nazi Star Trek episode 43 years after it was first filmed
For Star Trek, it truly was the final frontier.
More than 40 years after it was filmed, an episode of the famous show in which Spock and Captain Kirk dress up as Nazis has been shown in Germany for the first time.
The Patterns of Force episode was never screened in 1968 because it was little more than two decades after the downfall of Hitler's regime.
Although broadcaster ZDF showed it for the first time, it was not on until after 10pm - and viewers were warned that no-one under the age of 16 should see it.
In the episode the Starship Enterprise visits planet Ekon where the citizens have begun behaving like Nazis. The swastika is displayed throughout the episode....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Forgotten Story of the Men Who Broke the NFL’s Color Barrier
- The Mysterious Case of the 113-Year-Old Light Bulb
- Found: The Oldest Bar In Every State
- John Kerry says the destruction of heritage sites in Iraq and Syria is the worst in his lifetime
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Hugh Trevor-Roper: the spy as historian, the historian as spy
- After Ferguson, some black history grad students wonder: Does Pursuing a Ph.D. Matter?
- Historian David Kaiser rallying alums who say Harvard's paying its endowment traders too much
- Colorado students protest proposed "censorship" of history curriculum
- Director's using Kickstarter to raise money for a film about the Kansas governor who implanted goat testicles in humans