Smithsonian snapping up objects to document Occupy Wall StreetBreaking News
Among those closely watching the Occupy Wall Street protests: the Smithsonian.
The National Museum of American History has dispatched representatives to collect materials, such as protest signs, from the demonstrations.
It is in pursuit of the museum's mission to "document the spirit of American democracy and the American political process, including how people express their points of view through political rallies, demonstrations and protests," the institution said in a statement....
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders