Smithsonian snapping up objects to document Occupy Wall StreetBreaking News
Among those closely watching the Occupy Wall Street protests: the Smithsonian.
The National Museum of American History has dispatched representatives to collect materials, such as protest signs, from the demonstrations.
It is in pursuit of the museum's mission to "document the spirit of American democracy and the American political process, including how people express their points of view through political rallies, demonstrations and protests," the institution said in a statement....
comments powered by Disqus
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed