Taxi Driver Mummified Like Pharaohs
A former British taxi driver has become mummified in the same way as the pharaohs.
Viewers of England's Channel 4 will see Alan Billis turned into a mummy over the space of a few months as his body is preserved using the techniques which the ancient Egyptians used on Tutankhamun.
Billis had been terminally ill with cancer when he volunteered to undergo the procedure which a scientist has been working to recreate for many years.
The 61-year-old from Torquay in Devon had the backing of his wife Jan, who said: "I'm the only woman in the country who's got a mummy for a husband."...
comments powered by Disqus
- 'Bloody Sunday' altered history of a horrified nation
- South Korean President Urges Japan to Admit Past Wrongs
- Ancient DNA challenges popular theory of Indo-European language arrival in Europe
- 15 Years On, Museum Where Slaves Landed Taking Form
- Civil Rights Landmark Bridge is Named for Reputed KKK Leader
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day