A Boss Collection for Monmouth University
A collection of documents, articles and books about Bruce Springsteen’s career that has been growing for years at the Asbury Park Public Library will be moved to nearby Monmouth University in West Long Branch, N.J., the university said.
The Bruce Springsteen Special Collection includes nearly 15,000 documents from 44 countries and comprises books, concert programs, magazine and newspaper articles and other ephemera chronicling the career of Mr. Springsteen and members of his bands. Assembled by fan organizations, the archive has grown so large it can no longer be housed at the library in the town where Mr. Springsteen began his professional career in the 1970s....
comments powered by Disqus
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- Isis profits from destruction of antiquities by selling relics to dealers – and then blowing up the buildings they come from to conceal the evidence of looting
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Historian Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham wins National Humanities Medal
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power