Historic Derry Walls to be protected by wardensBreaking News
The Environment Minister Alex Attwood has announced the appointment of wardens to protect the Derry Walls.
The walls were built in the early 17th Century as defences for early settlers from England and Scotland.
They have become one of the city's biggest tourist attractions and are visited by thousands of people every year.
However, there have been sectarian disturbances and vandalism on the walls over the years....
comments powered by Disqus
- Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins
- Now Austria Says It Will Likely Redesign Hitler's House, Not Tear It Down
- Some looted Idlib National Museum artifacts resurface, fate of others a mystery amidst ‘thriving black market trade’
- Is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau constitutional?
- Poll: Millennials desperately need to bone up on the history of communism
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"
- Conservative historians against Trump sign a petition warning he'd be dangerous
- Benjamin H. Irvin Named OAH Executive Editor
- Historian Diana Ramey Berry praises effort to return the skull of Nat Turner to his family