Historic Derry Walls to be protected by wardens
The Environment Minister Alex Attwood has announced the appointment of wardens to protect the Derry Walls.
The walls were built in the early 17th Century as defences for early settlers from England and Scotland.
They have become one of the city's biggest tourist attractions and are visited by thousands of people every year.
However, there have been sectarian disturbances and vandalism on the walls over the years....
comments powered by Disqus
- Kitty Genovese Killing Is Retold in the Film ‘37’
- Lithuania wants to erase its ugly history of Nazi collaboration
- Huckabee: Iran nuclear deal will march Israelis ‘to the door of the oven’
- Connecticut Democrats drop Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson names from annual fundraising dinner
- AP releases a million minutes of filmed history to YouTube
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed
- Historian Shelly Cline researches female Nazi guards
- Owen Chadwick, Eminent Historian of Christianity, Dies at 99
- Members of the University of South Florida’s history department are finding new ways to get their jobs done after budget cuts
- Testing the U.S.-Israel Bond