Historic Derry Walls to be protected by wardens
The Environment Minister Alex Attwood has announced the appointment of wardens to protect the Derry Walls.
The walls were built in the early 17th Century as defences for early settlers from England and Scotland.
They have become one of the city's biggest tourist attractions and are visited by thousands of people every year.
However, there have been sectarian disturbances and vandalism on the walls over the years....
comments powered by Disqus
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project
- At Auschwitz-Birkenau, Preserving a Site and a Ghastly Inventory