Historic Derry Walls to be protected by wardensBreaking News
The Environment Minister Alex Attwood has announced the appointment of wardens to protect the Derry Walls.
The walls were built in the early 17th Century as defences for early settlers from England and Scotland.
They have become one of the city's biggest tourist attractions and are visited by thousands of people every year.
However, there have been sectarian disturbances and vandalism on the walls over the years....
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian