Perry Goofs on Revolutionary War
After spending 90 minutes debating his rivals for the Republican presidential nomination, Rick Perry decided to go over to the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house and talk a little history and states’ rights, a favorite topic of the 10th amendment enthusiast.
NBC’s Carrie Dann reported that Perry suffered a “head-slapping gaffe” after the debate when he answered a young woman’s question by saying that one of the “reasons we fought the revolution in the 16th century was to get away from the kind of onerous crown.”
But as most history buffs know, the American revolution was fought in the 18th century....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ben Affleck Asked PBS to Not Reveal Slave-Owning Ancestor
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet