Archaeologists find first pre-Roman planned town in BritainBreaking News
Archaeologists believe they have found the first pre-Roman planned town in Britain which reveals Iron Age societies were far more sophisticated than previously thought.
The site, unearthed beneath Silchester near Reading, Berks, and will change the history books after originally thought the Romans were the first to bring civilised life to Britain.
After the Roman invasion, the town was used by its military, and there is evidence that Roman buildings were very swiftly built on top of Iron Age structures....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election