Archaeologists find first pre-Roman planned town in BritainBreaking News
Archaeologists believe they have found the first pre-Roman planned town in Britain which reveals Iron Age societies were far more sophisticated than previously thought.
The site, unearthed beneath Silchester near Reading, Berks, and will change the history books after originally thought the Romans were the first to bring civilised life to Britain.
After the Roman invasion, the town was used by its military, and there is evidence that Roman buildings were very swiftly built on top of Iron Age structures....
comments powered by Disqus
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery
- Sharon Ullman says the work of historians is becoming increasingly invisible