New set of remains identified from 9/11 attacks in New YorkBreaking News
Almost a decade after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, a new set of remains from the site has been identified, the New York City medical examiner's office announced.
The remains are those of Ernest James, 40, said Ellen Borakove, the spokeswoman for the office.
James' identification brings to 1,632 the number of victims named so far. As many as 1,121 victims still have not been identified, according to the medical examiner's office.
A statement from the office said 2,753 people were reported missing after the towers fell. DNA testing was used to identify the majority of the named victims.
The last set of remains identified from the attacks was in May, according to Borakove....
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders