New set of remains identified from 9/11 attacks in New YorkBreaking News
Almost a decade after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, a new set of remains from the site has been identified, the New York City medical examiner's office announced.
The remains are those of Ernest James, 40, said Ellen Borakove, the spokeswoman for the office.
James' identification brings to 1,632 the number of victims named so far. As many as 1,121 victims still have not been identified, according to the medical examiner's office.
A statement from the office said 2,753 people were reported missing after the towers fell. DNA testing was used to identify the majority of the named victims.
The last set of remains identified from the attacks was in May, according to Borakove....
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"