Edinburgh Fringe musical looks at 1911 not 9/11Breaking News
The world will next month remember the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 atrocities in New York.
But 100 years ago another disaster rocked the city.
A new musical, From the Fire, at the Zoo Roxy as part of the Edinburgh Fringe, remembers the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire of 1911.
The production dramatises the fire and also looks at the earlier uprising which saw 20,000 young women in New York stage a significant strike for the first time.
It celebrates the part the women played in labour reform but also draws parallels with the perilous conditions in which many people still work today....
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments