Vladimir Putin goes diving in the Black SeaBreaking News
Vladimir Putin, Russia's prime minister has added underwater archaeology to his long list of outdoor pursuits, diving beneath the Black Sea to explore the submerged ruins of an ancient Greek city known as Russia's Atlantis.
In a carefully co-ordinated publicity stunt designed to show the 58-year-old Russian prime minister as a dynamic figure interested in his country's heritage, Mr Putin went diving off the Taman Peninsula in southern Russia on Wednesday afternoon.
The area was the site of an ancient Greek settlement known as Phanagoria that is currently being excavated by Russian archaeologists, and Mr Putin's scuba diving foray into its submerged ruins received top billing on Russian state TV....
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments