Barry Landau allowed to return home
BALTIMORE—A presidential historian charged with conspiring to steal valuable documents from archives throughout the Northeast will be allowed to return to his New York City apartment, after a federal judge in Maryland denied prosecutors appeal of his release Friday.
Prosecutors argued that Barry Landau, who could be released as soon as Monday, poses a flight risk and could destroy more documents the government has not yet found.
Landau and his assistant, 24-year-old Jason Savedoff, are charged with stealing valuable historical documents from the Maryland Historical Society and conspiring to steal documents from other archives. Landau pleaded not guilty Thursday. Savedoff was released on bail last week and has yet to enter a plea....
comments powered by Disqus
- Film Conjures Era That Some in Selma Would Rather Not Revisit
- White? Black? A Murky Distinction Grows Still Murkier
- The best history books of 2014 – as rated by historians
- High school students now must take a world history class to graduate, new law says
- Newly Released Sandia Labs Film Presents Story of U.S. Nuclear Weapons Safety Effort
- Majors in history earn more than others in the humanities
- The director of Mount Vernon’s library says it’s difficult to pierce the Washington myth (Interview)
- The Unsuspecting Thing Conservative Historian David Barton Did With $1 Million Awarded to Him in Defamation Lawsuit
- Celebrated Holocaust archivist Robert Wolfe dies at age 93
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision