Barry Landau allowed to return homeBreaking News
BALTIMORE—A presidential historian charged with conspiring to steal valuable documents from archives throughout the Northeast will be allowed to return to his New York City apartment, after a federal judge in Maryland denied prosecutors appeal of his release Friday.
Prosecutors argued that Barry Landau, who could be released as soon as Monday, poses a flight risk and could destroy more documents the government has not yet found.
Landau and his assistant, 24-year-old Jason Savedoff, are charged with stealing valuable historical documents from the Maryland Historical Society and conspiring to steal documents from other archives. Landau pleaded not guilty Thursday. Savedoff was released on bail last week and has yet to enter a plea....
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled