New Editions Of Virginia's Error-Filled History Textbooks Up For Public ReviewBreaking News
Revised editions of two history textbooks in Virginia that were found to be erroneous last fall will be taken to universities across Virginia for public review.
Previous state-approved editions of "Our Virginia: Past and Present" and "Our America to 1865," both Five Ponds Press textbooks, were removed from Virginia elementary schools early this year after errors were found in its texts. The most egregious statement was one that says thousands of African Americans fought for the South during the Civil War, which most historians reject, The Washington Post reported last fall.
Dozens more errors were found after historians took a closer look at the texts, including "inaccuracies, inconsistencies, omissions, questionable interpretations, and spelling and grammatical errors," The Post reported in January....
comments powered by Disqus
- Saudi Textbook Withdrawn Over Image of Yoda With King
- Israelis are celebrating the Kurds’ bid for independence
- Little Rock Nine's 60th Anniversary Weekend Celebrations
- Vice President Pence Cited a Fake Thomas Jefferson Quote
- Lonnie Bunch is astonished the African-American History Museum has become a pilgrimage site so fast
- Niall Ferguson’s new book is a warning about the pernicious threat of networks
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor